Your job is your livelihood and while the appalling prospect and repercussion of losing it might seem dreadful, you have certain rights at the workplace that shouldn’t be overlooked by your employer. The GLC Group keeps you abreast of the latest developments and informs you of your rights so that you know when to put your foot down and set a limit:
- If an employee has physical disabilities, it is the job of the employer to make necessary changes to accommodate the needs of the employee
- Your employer cannot demand a drug test unless they have a legitimate reason for suspicion
- Employers are required to provide breaks, overtime pay, worker’s compensation insurance, time off for illnesses and unemployment insurance.
- Every employee, who has worked with the same employer for a minimum of 12 months is entitled to paid vacation time.
- Employees have the right to reject any work that poses a threat to their health or safety.