Businesses around the world are downsizing to more flexible employment methods to cut costs. Partner with a strategic recruiting agency like GLC to glean the advantages of its temporary staffing services. However, there are certain pros and cons to hiring independent contractors:
- Independent contractors afford greater flexibility. When you work with an IC and it’s not a good match, you simply don’t employ their services again.
- you can reduce your exposure to lawsuits in violation of employee rights
- You are not required to offer any benefits, such as health insurance, pension, sick leaves, pay payroll taxes, worker’s compensation and unemployment insurance, and pay/hour for when the service is required.
- IC’s bring specialized expertise to a job and alleviate the overheads of training.
- Your business loses control over how tasks are performed since IC’s have complete autonomy
- They lack the sense of company loyalty and commitment.
- All copyrights are owned by them unless otherwise stated
- Independent contractors come and go as they are only hired for short term projects and this causes inconvenience and disruption.